Supplemental Security Income and Stimulus Payments

HNWPublic Benefits Law for Special Needs and Disabled Persons, Special Needs Trusts for Minor Children and Adults

The Social Security Administration has announced that all individuals who receive Supplemental Security Income (“SSI”) will receive an Economic Impact Payment from the Treasury Department. This applies to both individuals who file a tax return and those who do not.  If you don’t file a tax return, but you have dependent children, you can go to the IRS’s website and you can let the IRS know you have dependent children so that you receive a payment for each dependent child under the age of 17.

If you receive an SSDI payment, you should receive a payment automatically.

To discuss your NJ special needs trust matter, please contact Fredrick P. Niemann, Esq. toll-free at (855) 376-5291 or email him at  Please ask us about our video conferencing consultations if you are unable to come to our office.

Written by Nicole C. Tomlin, Esq. of Hanlon Niemann & Wright

Previous PostNext Post